Tigray_net [www.tigrai.net , http://www.tigrai.org) is an Ethiopian news and information web site was founded on January 1, 2000 by a group of Tigrai origin Ethiopian students and professionals and able to launch it’s first online work in August 2000.
Tigrai-net believes that the Internet Technology makes the world smaller and smaller. The ability to communicate and exchange information and across distance has enabled more individuals to participate in the Internet /cyber technology building a nation toward development regardless of their locations. As a result tigrai-net purpose is to foster educational, and benevolent activities, to preserve and advance the Ethiopia culture, customs, and language using an Internet technology.
- For the last two and half years (since inception) headed by a volunteer boards of directors, tigrai-net has been providing educational, humanitarian, social, historical, and political issues to Ethiopian community in the Diaspora and inside Ethiopia.
- TigrayNet has been advocated in enhancing and improving the image of Ethiopia educationally, politically, economically and socially.
- TigrayNet has been encouraged global participation, provided a forum for discussion and raised awareness on the Internet.
- At the time of the TPLF split and then, Tigrai.net partially focused on political and national issues of Ethiopia and provided a discussion forum and writers café to it’s netters to exchange ideas freely and openly.
From January 1-March 5, 2003, Tigrai-net have conducted a survey regardless of it’s site performance through out the last two and half years and have got a greatest constructive comments and ideas which helped how to improve it’s service
Thereupon, TigrayNet board of directors analyzed the survey and have decided that, as of March 9, 2003, Tigray.net aims to serve the Ethiopia community in the areas of EDUCATION, TOURISM, and TECHNOLOGY.
Especially in the aspect of education and technology tigrai_net provide leadership in Education communications and technology by linking professionals holding a common Interest in the use of education technology and its application to the learning process .
Tigrai-net supports the development of technology and appropriately skilled people for industry to improve Ethiopia’s global competitiveness. TigraiNet performs such kind of task by providing resources and mechanisms in support in the areas of technology, Economy and education; and contribute to the increase in the number and quality of people with appropriate technological skills for industry.
As of January 1, 2004, one of the founders of Tigrai-net who has been the Webmaster /editor of Tigrai-net has taken a full responsibility to run www.tigrai.net independently.
- Tigray.net advocates and emphasis to narrow the social and quality of life gaps between our country and developed nations, by creating interactivity among Ethiopians. Especially in the aspect of education, Tigray.net presents its call to all Ethiopians all over the world to strength the quality of higher education and to extend their help financially, intellectually and in other form of helping mechanisms.
- Tigrai.net provides educational, humanitarian, social, historical, and political issues to Ethiopian communty in the Diaspora and inside Ethiopia.
- Tigray.net advocates in enhancing and improving the image of Ethiopia (politically, economically and socially), by encouraging global participation; by providing a forum for discussion; and by raising awareness on the Internet.
- Tigray.net provides information to the general public regarding productive and progressive Ethiopian culture, economy, politics and education. As a result, people will be informed about Ethiopian development in the aspect of education, economy and culture.
- Tigray.net is dedicated to preserving, enriching, and promoting the Ethiopian culture and history.